July 8, 2008

I’m going on vacation pasta

I’m going on vacation and I want to clear my pantry because I won’t be home for a while. Does it sound familiar? When that happens you can let your imagination go and simply mix the ingredients that are sitting around. For example, you can try my I’m-going-on-vacation pasta. I had salmon, peas, frozen shrimp, passata di pomodoro and cute Neapolitan tri-colored bow-tie pasta… and half an onion in the fridge.

Ingredients
1 pound any shape pasta
30 oz passata di pomodoro
½ onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 ½ cups peas
2 cups shrimp
1 salmon filet
½ cup white wine
Olive oil
Salt, pepper, peperoncino

Dice the salmon into nice sized chunks. In a saucepan, sauté the salmon with some olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, and after a couple of minutes pour in the white wine. Add the garlic, sauté together with some salt, pepper and peperoncino. Pour in the tomato sauce (passata di pomodoro). Cook the pasta. In the meantime, add the frozen peas and shrimp to the sauce. When the pasta is al dente, drain it and toss it directly into the sauce. Stir, serve, wash the dishes, and go on vacation!
Posted by Daziano at 12:56 PM |  
Labels:

9 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin